1. Who processes your data?
The Line - SAS with a capital of 1000 euros - whose head office is located at 35 Passage du Désir, 75010 Paris. We manufacture steel skylines that you can purchase online at www.theline.fr as well as in our numerous partner stores.
When using these services, The Line, as the controller, is required to process personal data about visitors to the website.
2. What data do we process?
The Line collects Personal Data in several ways:
Directly from you:
- When you create a customer account, we record all the information necessary to place an order: last name, first name, email address, postal address, phone number.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter we record your email address.
- When you use our contact form we record the data on the form (email address, and any personal data you choose to include in the free text field).
- When you use our website: data allowing you to be identified and authenticated (connection logs, IP address), data relating to purchases, your navigation on the website, dates and times of consultation of the website, location data.
- By cookies and tracers. To learn more about this point, please contact us at cont[email protected] for more information about our policy on cookies.
3. Why do we process your data?
The Line uses your data:
When it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or for the performance of pre-contractual measures taken at your request, including:
- Creation of your customer account;
- Management of your orders, their follow-up and their invoicing;
- Management of the communications and follow-up of the exchanges in particular within the framework of possible litigations;
- Management of the sending of newsletters and commercial solicitations by electronic way;
- Follow-up of your satisfaction;
- Management of your possible requests relating to the exercise of your rights under the GDPR.
Where necessary to enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including:
- Managing the risk of fraudulent use of your data. The Line may take any measures we deem necessary to secure your data and our information systems and to defend our interests. These measures may lead, if necessary, to the suspension of your online account;
- Management of possible litigation, in particular related to the recovery of sums that you may owe us and the management of payment incidents;
- Responding to our legal or regulatory obligations such as requests from the administration (for example, the tax authorities).
When we have a legitimate interest in order to promote and improve our services, for operations relating to commercial prospecting or the realization of studies, in the respect of your rights, and in particular:
- When you have visited our website, we record your visits in order to offer you targeted advertisements when you browse other websites. Neither the advertising company nor the third-party websites displaying our ads have access to your personal data. If you no longer wish to see our advertisements, you can delete the cookies from your web browser: https://www.comment-supprimer.com/les-cookies/
- In order to improve our service and the relevance of the offers we provide, we use software and services operated by third-party providers that allow us to better understand our business. As such, we provide these tools with data about our customer base, your browsing history on our website and information about products ordered.
When you have given your consent. In this case, you can withdraw your consent at any time, without this having any retroactive effect. This is notably the case for our weekly newsletter, to which you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link located at the bottom of the newsletters. The effect is immediate.
4. Who will have access to your data?
Your data is accessible to authorized persons within The Line.
Your order data are transmitted to the different service providers who work to ensure that your package arrives at your home: our logistics company that prepares the package and the carrier that brings it to your home.
These service providers are not allowed to use your data for anything other than processing your order and must delete the data from their computer systems after processing. These providers store the data in data centers in Europe.
However, if you choose to have your order delivered outside of Europe, your data, such as your postal address, is necessarily transmitted to the logistics services of the carrier who will deliver to you in that country.
We also use a provider for our newsletters, which is French.
5. How long do we keep your data?
The data collected about you will be kept for the time necessary to achieve the above purposes, plus the period of legal prescription.
Thus, your account data (registration) will be kept for the duration of your membership. It may then be kept for 3 years following your last contact, in particular to enable us to send you commercial solicitations.
Your data may be kept for a longer period of time in order to comply with specific legal obligations or to comply with applicable legal limitation periods. For example, data may be kept for :
- 10 years for accounting documents;
- The entire duration of litigation and until all legal remedies have been exhausted.
6. What security measures are in place to protect your data?
In accordance with the GDPR and applicable regulations, The Line implements appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to preserve the security and confidentiality of Personal Data and prevent them from being distorted, damaged or accessed by unauthorized third parties.
Likewise, The Line carefully selects its subcontractors and service providers, who must present guarantees of quality, security, reliability and resources to implement these security measures.
7. Does your data leave the European Union?
The servers of The Line website are exclusively at Prestashop, in France. These servers contain our database necessary to the functioning of the website www.theline.fr as well as information concerning the customers' accounts.
8. What are your rights on your data?
In accordance with the regulations on the protection of personal data, you have the right to access, rectify and delete your Personal Data at any time and at no cost, subject to the rights and freedoms of third parties and the obligations incumbent on The Line. You also have the right to define directives concerning the fate of your data after your death.
We specify that you can modify most of your Personal Data yourself from your customer area.
We may also ask you, under the right of access, to pay a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for any additional copy of the data to the one provided to you.
You also have in certain cases a right to obtain the limitation of a processing and a right to the portability of the Personal Data you may have provided. In addition, you may request to exercise your right to object on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of Personal Data concerning you where the processing is based on the legitimate interest of the controller, including profiling. If you exercise such right to object, The Line shall cease the processing, except where there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests and rights and freedoms of the data subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. You may also object at any time to any processing related to canvassing (including profiling related to such canvassing), or withdraw your consent where this constitutes the lawful basis for the processing (the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before the withdrawal of consent).
9. How to exercise your rights?
Do not hesitate to contact us for any question or to exercise your rights on the address [email protected] by detailing your request.